* 4-5 cups Green Beans
* 2 cups diced mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 tsp salt * 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1/2 tsp garlic salt or fresh Garlic
* 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
For the topping:
* 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Let’s make the beans!
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish.
2. In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper
3. Saute on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the onions and the mushrooms are soft.
4. Add chicken broth and heavy whipping cream to skillet and cook on medium-high until mixture reduces and becomes the consistency of condensed cream of mushroom soup in a can. It took about 10 minutes or so.
5. In a greased casserole dish, add 3 cups of the green beans then add the mushroom soup mixture and sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
6. Top cheese with the rest of the green beans.
7. Bake for 25 minutes then remove casserole dish from oven.
8. Sprinkle cheddar and Parmesan cheese on top and return to oven for 5 minutes. 9. Enjoy