Keto Mozzarella Sticks
Updated: Jun 30, 2020
One of our favorite quick and easy low carb snacks to make! They’re cheesy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Yum!!!
• 6 Mozzarella Sticks
• 1/2 cup grated dry Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups fried pork rinds
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
• 1 egg
• 2 tsp water
• Cut Mozzarella sticks in half cross-wise and set aside
• Place egg and water in a small shallow dish or pan. Whisk to mix.
• Crush pork rinds with a rolling pin or crush in a blender. Should make about 1/2 cup pork rind crumbs.
• Place Parmesan, crushed pork rinds and Italian seasoning in a shallow baking pan
• Dip Mozzarella sticks, one at a time, first in egg wash, then crumbs, then repeat both egg wash and crumbs for a second coating.
• Set mozzarella on dish or pan that will fit in the freezer.
• Freeze for two hours
After two hours: heat oven to 500 degrees.
Working quickly cover a baking pan in parchment or grease it.
Place frozen mozzarella sticks directly from the freezer onto the pan.
Bake for 6-8 minutes, just till the coating is brown and cheese is warm and soft.
Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce, if desired.
I would bet you can do these in the air fryer on 400 as well! (Not sure the time frame - you would have to play around with it!)