There's nothing better than a hot bowl of soup when winter comes!! 💜
* 4 cups of Broccoli florets
* 4 garlic cloves (minced)
* 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
* 3 cups of chopped bacon cooked. (optional)
1. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté garlic for about 1 minute, until fragrant
2. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and broccoli and increase heat and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, decrease the heat to simmer. Let simmer for 10-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove about 1/3 of the broccoli pieces and set aside. (This step is optional if you want some pieces in your soup at the end. If you want all of the soup pureed, you can leave them in.)
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the remaining broccoli.
6. Reduce heat to low. Add the shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, and continue to stir until melted. Puree again to make it smooth.
7. Remove from heat. Add the bacon chunks and the reserved broccoli florets back to the soup.