Baked Salmon and Asparagus
Updated: Mar 14, 2020
* 4 (6-ounces each) salmon fillets, skin-on or skin-off * 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed cooking spray * 4 cloves garlic, minced * 4 tbsp butter * 1 tbsp lemon zest * 1 lemon, juiced, juice divided * 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional), you can also use other fresh herbs * lemon slices * fresh rosemary leaves, optional * salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste * fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
* Preheat oven to 400˚F.
* Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
* Layer asparagus in the baking dish; lightly coat asparagus with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper.
* Arrange salmon over the asparagus and set aside.
* In another dish combine butter, garlic, half of the lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix to create a paste. Cover the salmon with the paste.
* Top each fillet with lemon slices and add few fresh rosemary leaves, if using.
* Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and asparagus is fork tender. For a light crisp and browned top. Thicker salmon fillets will need extra time, while thinner ones will cook in around 16 to 17 minutes.
* Squeeze some lemon juice over the salmon, add fresh parsley. * Serve and Enjoy!